A Vaccine Information Statement, or VIS, is a document produced by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that informs vaccine recipients – or their parents or legal representatives – about the benefits and risks of a vaccine they are receiving as well as information that may be useful later (e.g., information about what to do in the case of an adverse reaction, and where to find additional information about the disease or vaccine).
NOTE: There are no VISs for U.S. Covid-19 vaccines, instead, there are FDA-authorized EUA Fact Sheets for Recipients and Caregivers to individuals receiving the Covid-19 vaccine or to their guardians. The Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers includes:
- Basic information on COVID-19, symptoms, and what to discuss with a healthcare provider before vaccination
- Who should and should not receive the vaccine
- Recipients have the choice to receive the vaccine
- Vaccine series information
- Potential and known risks and benefits of the vaccine, including common side effects
- Information on reporting side effects to VAERS
- An explanation of what an EUA is and why it is issued
- Any approved available alternatives for preventing COVID-19
- Additional resources
These EUA Fact Sheets will be available on our website at a later date.
Current VISs for vaccinations offered by NW Pharmacy
- Influenza (Seasonal Flu) Influenza
- Pneumonia Pneumococcal Conjugate (PCV13) Pneumococcal Polysaccharide (PPSV23)
- Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap) Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)
- Shingles Zoster / Shingles (Recombinant)
- Hepatitis Hepatitis A Hepatitis B
- Polio Polio
- Chicken Pox Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Meningococcal Serogroup B Meningococcal (MenB)
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
You can view these VISs and more by visiting the CDC website or contacting them by phone at 1-800-232-4636 (1-800-CDC-INFO)
In addition, you can also visit the Immunization Action Coalition to view their Vaccine Information Statements (VISs) which have detailed information about recommended vaccines.